09 July 2009

A quiet Thursday

A bit of a quiet day here in Berlin. I decided to take it a little easier today. I think the walking yesterday has caught up with me. Additionally, I met up with some Goethe Institut classmates at a beer garden last night. Before you say, "Ah, I see why he's taking it easy! He's hungover!" hold your tongues! I only had two beers. What I did do, though, was walk around for about an hour before I found the beer garden.

This was a big planned event by the Institut. Some of the Institut workers reserved tables for us, and they also handed out card with a small map and directions for how to get there. Like the responsible person I am, I lost mine, but I did remember the Ubahn stop we were to take. I thought to myself, "How hard can this beer garden really be to find?" Answer--hard. Very, very hard. I wandered around Charlottenberg for a good 45mins-1hr before I actually happened upon Müller-Breslau Straße. I nearly gave up. Luckily, I didn't and I had a good time with some of my classmates. My experiences yesterday have taught me to carry my map and my compass.

I had plans today to see some of Berlin's big sites, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow. Unfortunately, it looks like it is going to rain again, and I had planned on taking a book or my homework to a cafe. Something for another day perhaps.

Have a good Thursday, Americans.

Deutsches Wort des Tages:

ruhig -- quiet

No comments: