26 August 2009

A triptych

I said a few weeks ago, when I posted about food, that I needed a complete post to talk about one of my most favorite parts about Berlin--

Beer.

Well, that time has come. But I realized that I can't do justice to my love for German brews by just describing tastes. So I bring to you:

Will's Poetry Corner.
I bring to you three different poems united by their similarities--

a haiku

golden majesty--
Crisp on a warm Berlin day.
Hops, barley, Heaven.

When in Germany

I like to drink beer while I'm out.
Don't care if it's light or a stout.
If it's from Berlin
I think it's a sin
to say no to a drink from the spout!

and lastly...

Ode to gold in a glass

Oh beer
Sometimes you are not clear
but I don't shed a tear
for that means you are brewed from wheat
and I think that's pretty sweet

You are so delicious;
no one should be suspicious
or feel malicious
because I drink you.
Simply put, you are a tasty brew.

Don't worry, friends. I don't have any sort of problem. I just really think that the beer here in Germany tastes delicious. I've also included a photographic tribute to beer.

Additionally and on a completely different note, did I tell you all that I was bitten by an emu last week? You betcha I was! At the Berlin Zoo. I was taking a picture of the emus, and one curiously poked its head through the cage. I didn't think much of it, and really I thought, "Cool! I can take a closer picture." And by closer picture, I mean have my finger bitten. No worries. The emu didn't have teeth. But honestly, who gets bitten by an emu!? See the two pictures here. It was actually a pretty funny incident. I laughed a lot.

Deutsches Wort des Tages:

lecker -- delicious

2 comments:

Danielle said...

You deprived Centre's English department of some masterful poetry by never taking an English class.

Brian said...

Too bad you didn't give out a Germie for lamest/awkward/coolest blog post ...I would nominate this gem.