04 September 2009

Well, this is it

Ladies and gentlemen,

I never thought this day would come. Today is the final day of Bluegrass in Berlin. It has been an incredible ride.

I wanted to take this last post to thank you all for following along with me. I would not have had the same experience without you. I had a great time sharing my experiences with you. Let's rewind and remember some of those times:

-- I left for Berlin!

-- My first day of class

-- Seeing the Jehovah's Witness convention

--Who can forget when I stumbled across the cemetery near my house?

-- Meeting Nikolas for the first time

-- That visit from the frog!

-- Meeting Pascal and Otto

-- The beer festival!

-- Completing my test

-- Visiting Sachsenhausen

-- Starting a "ROBIN VAN PERSIE" chant at the Arsenal match

-- The newspaper lady

-- Coming home.

Nothing would have been the same without you all. I thank you all for being there to give me an audience. It has helped me think about my time, reflect, and really make a lot of sense of the things that I've done. All of you who posted comments and even those who didn't, thank you. I know I had some faithful readers, and none of this would have been possible without you. So thank you so much.

I can say that I'll have one more big photo post on the photo blog. I'm going to try to do that tomorrow.

Well, this is it. All good things must come to an end. If you liked what you saw, then my job was done. I'm glad. Additionally if you want to see more, convince other organizations like the DAAD to give me more money to go to more places so that I can blog again. Be sure that if I head out of the country another time, Bluegrass in Berlin will be resurrected.

Thank you, and goodnight. I love you all.

Deutsches Wort des Tages:

Tschüss -- goodbye

No comments: